Funskills Information for 2017 Coming Soon
The season 2017 start date is Saturday 1st April and will run until the end of August.
- All games are in house and are played every Saturday on Field 1. Field 1 is divided into 10 smaller fields (see attached).
- The session will commence 8:30am and end 9:25am (55mins) Saturday morning.
- The session will comprise of 1x 20min skills session and 2 x 15min games (with 2 x 2min breaks).
- Skills session will usually be made up of 3 – 4 skills. Please review the skills guide attached. It is suggested the team is split into 2 smaller teams so each coach can ensure the players are kept focused and not standing in long lines.
- Games non-competitive (no recording of results) 6 x 6 with no goal keeper. The team of twelve is split into 2 teams of 6 players.
- At the end of each session coaches will gather the team and select a player of the week (trophy will be supplied). The trophy must return each week.
Jerseys are supplied to all teams and must be returned at the end of the season. The jerseys will be supplied to each team at the beginning of the first weekend session. For new players to the club, shorts and socks can be purchased from the canteen. It is mandatory for players to have shin pads during the session.
Wet Weather Days
The website will display when the fields are closed in wet weather. Usually the website will be updated up until 5pm Friday night. The website is the only method of notification. On a Saturday if the website states the fields are open and it is raining, the club will review the condition at 8:30am and will update the website accordingly.